Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Handmade Halloween


Handmade Halloween
Every year I make my kids Halloween Costumes. Partly because store bought costumes are expensive and I have 5 kids, also because they're not meant for cold weather. * Here in northern Indiana, it's almost ALWAYS cold and rainy or snowy on Halloween. This year is no exception.*
A couple of years ago, my kids dressed as Pokémon characters. My oldest.. Ash and the 4 others were the gen 1 starters. Last year I let them decide what they wanted to be individually but it wasn't as dynamic as the group costumes.
This year we toiled over what to be for several weeks. Some of the possibilities were Mario Bros, Moana, and a Pokémon evolution... (such as pichu, pikachu, raichu) *I may have spelled those wrong* After much consideration, we went with Teen Titans Go!
The cartoon, if you're not familiar, is on Cartoon Network. It's a reboot of the Teen Titans cartoon. Teen Titans was kind of dark and serious where Teen Titans Go is funny and is reminiscent of a 90s cartoon.
I received such an amazing response from these hats. Around 1,000 people reacted to my posts in various social media platforms on day 1. I'm still seeing responses a week later. The kind words and compliments were overwhelming. I had many people ask about patterns. I did them all free hand. I didn't write down the patterns and never intended to. In the past, I have been verbally attacked and actually threatened to be turned in for making pay patterns featuring trademark characters so it's not something I do anymore. I feel like the amount of work I put into these hats would warrant monetary compensation for the written patterns, but since I don't intend to go back to writing character patterns (for profit) ever again, I thought that I would do something to help others who may want to try to free hand some Titans of their very own. I'll give you as much info as I can and provide you with up close photos to help you along the way.
Materials:
*Worsted Weight Yarn. Most were Red Heart Super Saver (because it's cheap and offers tons of colors)
*Hook H for all the hats
*Hook F for eyes and other details
*Scissors, needle, and a little imagination

1 comment:

  1. A big thanks to Dr Oselumen i never believe that there still exist a real death spell caster after all this years of disappointment from the enormous spammers on the Internet who go about scamming people, until i was opportune to meet Dr Oselumen a real spell caster, through a close friend called Jennifer who Dr oselumen had helped before, when i contacted him with his email via droselumen@gmail.com i explain how my ex have been giving me problem in my marriage, he never allowed me a moment of peace, and i need to end it by killing him, and i don't want to make use of assassin because it will be risky so i needed to do it in a spiritual way that's why i decided to contact him, he assured me not to worry as i have contacted the right person at the right time, i co-operated with him and in less than a week my ex was dead, he slept and never woke up all thanks to Dr Oselumen indeed he's really a humble man. you can contact dr oselumen for any death spell, such as to kill your superior in the office and take his or her place, death spell to kill your father and inherit his wealth ,death spell to kill anyone who have scammed you in the past ,spell for increase in salaries, spell for promotion at the office, spell to get your ex lover back, if things is not working well in your life then you need to contact him now via Email droselumen@gmail. com call or add him on whatsapp +2348054265852.  

    ReplyDelete

Thanks and Giving

GIVING THANKS It's November.. which means your Facebook feed is probably packed with the annual "I'm Thankful" posts. Min...